Link to all the other ECISketcher Rotations 2015

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

WUNDERBAR!

Here is my entry in Ellie's book. Her theme is "Inspiration taken from the written word".

I was reading the newspaper when I saw an advert for a washing machine that really took my interest... The advert had the word "wunderbar" (german for "wonderful") in big bold red text, so I cut it out and thought about it for a while. The word kind of reminded me of Martin Kippenberger's work especially the big painting with "Sehr Gut" emblazoned across it.

I had made a sculpture out of Artstraws at school that I thought was definitely wunderbar and I decided to add a painting of it to my composition as it was quite reminiscent of some of the lines that Kippenberger used. Then I remembered that when I visited MACBA last summer that I has seen some of his drawings on hotel notepaper ... luckily, I had liberated a notepad from a hotel in Nice last Novemeber when I was there for the ECIS conference (ECIS conference = also wunderbar). So I added that to my composition.





3 comments:

  1. Love your entry Jo. Reminds me of Nice, France?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nicolina, glad you like it. Can't wait to see what you do next!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wunderbar, sister, a wicked entry!

    ReplyDelete